Effective Date: 25th May 2018
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how Drop20 and/or Drop20 Deals ( “us”, “our”, and “we”), collects, controls, processes and uses information about you (“customers”, “subscribers”, “advertisers”, “merchants”). We are the operator of this website, and a provider of a range of services thereto. We provide a platform (including this Website, social mediums, etc.) where we, our local affiliates and other merchants (collectively: “ Merchants”) can list offers for vouchers, deals, goods and services. To the extent local affiliates, such as Drop20 and/or Drop20 Deals ABN 31545304962, collect, process, and use your information to facilitate the redemption of vouchers, deals, goods and services, they will do so consistent with this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement applies to information we collect through our websites, electronic communications or services, social networking sites, or any individual, business partner-specific, merchant-specific, city-specific, or other area-specific websites we offer that link to or reference this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “ Site”). Throughout this document, we will refer to us and our affiliates as “Drop20 and/or Drop20 Deals.”
We may routinely update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices and to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new services, functionality or features to the Site. If we make any material changes we will notify you, either by email (sent to the email address specified in your account), by means of notice on the Site or otherwise. You can determine when this version of the Privacy Statement was adopted by referring to the “Effective Date” above.
1. Information Collection
We may collect the following information about you when you interact with us through the Site:
- your name;
- your email address, physical address and password for our website if you register and or get listed;
- your payment details if you are listing your business on the Site;
- your phone number;
- your location, website browsing preferences (e.g., through cookies) and purchase history to provide you with customized information on the Site and (optional) newsletters;
- other information you actively send to us (e.g., via email).
- information from the devices you use when interacting with us such as device ID or unique user ID, device type, ID for advertising and unique device token.
2. You may interact with us, for example, when you:
- register, subscribe, authorize the transfer of, or create an account with us;
- open or respond to emails;
- provide information to enroll or participate in programs provided on behalf of, or together with, us, merchants, co-marketers, distributors, resellers and other business partners, with your consent or as necessary to provide services you have requested;
- visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
- view the offers on the site;
- provide information in order to download / print / claim a Voucher / Coupon;
- contact us via phone, email, social network interfaces, and / or the site;
- connect or link to any Site via social networking tools or other.
3. Your Choices
You can manage the types of personal data you provide to us and can limit how we communicate with you. At the same time, we think that the more you tell us about yourself and what you like, the more relevant and personal your experience with our Site and services will be.
You can manage your email and notice preferences by emailing us on email@example.com. You can also manage your subscriptions by following subscription management instructions contained in any commercial emails that we send you. You may choose to subscribe to some types of messages, and may choose not to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe from, others. You may update your subscription preferences at any time. Please note that even if you decide not to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe, from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your purchases from the Sellers/ Merchants, or Us if you are the Merchant. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from our promotional email messages, we will still send you confirmations when you make purchases on the Site, or if there are any conflict and or concerns of any sort that need your attention. By default, all businesses listed with us will be automatically subscribed into our promotional email messages.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies. You may also manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share information on and about your devices with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies.
In accordance with applicable law, you may (i) request access to any other personal data we hold about you and request that it be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked, (ii) request that we refrain from further use of any personal data we hold about you, and (iii) object to our creation of user profiles about you. If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement, if you want to make use of any of the above rights, or other rights that you may have in relation to your personal data if you wish to close your Drop20 and/or Drop20 Deals account or if you have other questions or requests, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. How We Use Information
- We use your personal information to contact you about your subscription / listing / account / claimed voucher:
- We use your personal information to personalise our advertising and marketing, including to:
Personalise, measure and improve our advertising Contact you, either via email, telephone, SMS text messages or postal mail to offer you discounts and special promotions and to let you know about our Services and or extended service provisions through collaborations and networking opportunities. Deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers
- We use your personal information for legal compliance reasons, including to:
- We use your personal information for Voucher redemption processing and / or facilitation by;
Passing on your information entry to the Merchant upon claiming a voucher / coupon. The Merchant may contact you thereafter for the sole purpose of assisting you in the Voucher / coupon redemption process.
5. When and Why We Disclose Information
We are not in the business of selling or renting personal data. We will not share your personal data, except with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law, as follows:
- with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers, including, without limitation, Drop20 / Drop20 deals to provide services for us, subject to strict contractual obligations to protect your personal data and process it on our behalf and under our control only;
- as necessary to perform contractual obligations towards you with business partners / Merchants to the extent you have claimed and / or redeemed a Drop20 and/or Drop20 Deals voucher, goods or services offered by a business partner / Merchant or participated in an offer, rewards, contest or other activity or program sponsored or offered through us or the Merchants;
- in case of a merger, acquisition or reorganization with a purchaser of our company or all or substantially all of our assets;
- to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- to combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, business partners and users, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Drop20; or
- in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts.
We encourage business partners and merchants to adopt and post privacy policies. However, while we share personal data with business partners and merchants only for the above-mentioned purposes, their subsequent processing and use of personal data obtained through Drop20 and/or Drop20 Deals is governed by their own privacy policies and practices and not subject to our control (saved only in respect of such use and processing by our service providers, as indicated above), and therefore Drop20 / Drop20 deals will not be held liable, responsible, and / or accountable for any misuse of user information made by the business partners and marchants.
6. Security of Personal Data
We have implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard personal data. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure financial account information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7. Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. We will also retain your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. Social Networks
9.Social Community Areas
You may access the Site through or contain connections to areas where you may be able to publicly post information, communicate with others such as discussion boards or blogs, review products and merchants, and submit media content, such as youtube videos, etc... Prior to posting in these areas, please read our Terms and Conditions carefully. All the information you post may be accessible to anyone with Internet access, and any information you include in your posting may be read, collected, and used by others.
10. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the collection, processing and use (including disclosure) of information by us through your interaction with the Site and / or any of our social network mediums. Other websites that may be accessible through links from the Site and / or any of our social network mediums may have their own privacy statements and personal information collection, processing, use, and disclosure practices. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of a sponsored offer or promotion.